I helped plan the agenda for 30 visiting Chinese social workers from Guangzhou. The University Of California School of Social Welfare sponsored the visitors for a two-week visit which included lectures, on-site visits to see programs serving low-income people, and site seeing. I met with the group to explain the work of the foundation and gave each person an autographed copy of my book, Grassroots Giving, which is now available in Chinese. China is gearing up to create three million social workers.
- RT @siliconvalleycf: Last chance! Apply for $100,000 grant by Aug. 25: siliconvalleycf.org/blog/announcem… https://t.co/iEuCxqy87u 12 hours ago
- Attention: San Mateo County & Santa Clara County Teachers! $500 Math Grants Available for TK-3rd Grade -… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- $500 Environmental Science Resource Grants available for Alameda County teachers! Apply now! conta.cc/2il9fNT https://t.co/fHqxNlyawC 1 day ago
- "It was incredible to witness the joy & solidarity that emerged when the girls shared common experiences & stories.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- RT @sheeo_world: Help us spread the word - please tag your SF/Bay Area female friends and retweet! 🙏 #radicalgenerosity https://t.co/1DWTMv… 2 days ago