I helped plan the agenda for 30 visiting Chinese social workers from Guangzhou. The University Of California School of Social Welfare sponsored the visitors for a two-week visit which included lectures, on-site visits to see programs serving low-income people, and site seeing. I met with the group to explain the work of the foundation and gave each person an autographed copy of my book, Grassroots Giving, which is now available in Chinese. China is gearing up to create three million social workers.
- "I am so grateful to be connected to Sheryl and the McAllen12+.... It is such a blessing to be connected to a group… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- "Our hearts are aching as we imagine the deep suffering and trauma the children and their families are experiencing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @SLHealthProject: (1/3) SLHP serves in Oakland, California’s Fruitvale neighborhood. We engage the community, including many Day Laborer… 1 week ago
- RT @WestlyFound: Less than month until the application for the #WestlyPrize opens. Young #socent from CA, are you ready to try for $40K? ht… 1 week ago
- RT @betterbrave: Our latest guide is live! Learn about your deadlines for reporting sexual harassment in the workplace and spread the word… 2 weeks ago